I joined the School in June 2016 as a Lecturer Practitioner. My clinical background for the past twenty two years is oncology and palliative care. During that time I have had the opportunity to work in cancer specialist centres, hospices, community and acute hospital settings.
I undertook my masters at Birkbeck in Psychodynamic Counselling and my dissertation was published in the peer-reviewed journal ‘Psychodynamic Practice’. I’m especially interested in how health care professionals impact on the patient experience of cancer, communication skills for health professionals and palliative oncology.
I’m currently supporting students undertaking the following modules:
- Chemotherapy in Cancer Practice
- Enhancing Care of the Dying
- Enhanced Communication Skills in Health and Social Care
- Palliative Care and Symptom Management
- Independent and Supplementary Prescribing
- V300 – Advanced Communication Skills Training
0207 808 2521