Coronavirus (COVID-19) – In light of the evolving situation regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, all face-to-face teaching at The Royal Marsden School is suspended and we are not accepting any new applications. We will be reviewing the situation regularly and should it become feasible to resume activity will do so.

The safety of those attending our courses and our patients is our primary concern and we are following all current Public Health England guidelines. Read here.

The School will be communicating directly with their staff and students to outline their plans for the delivery of each of their programmes/modules. For now, please see our Student Q&A for more information. 

The Royal Marsden


The Royal Marsden School is contracted by Local Education and Training Boards to provide course places for NHS staff working for acute and community NHS trusts in London. 

Healthcare professionals employed by NHS Trusts in London may be eligible for a funded place on a course. To be eligible you will need to be nominated by your trust.

Contact your education department to find out whether your trust is covered by the contract and to check the availability of funded places. Please feel free to contact our Student Support Services team for information on eligibility for funded places.

Overseas students

The Royal Marsden School welcomes international students. Before making an application, we recommend that all overseas students contact The School to discuss their learning needs. 

Key things that international students will need to consider before choosing to study at The School include:

  • You will need to have an English Language Qualification to IELTS level 6.5, or other equivalent recognised language qualification
  • How you will pay for your courses fees, travel and living costs 
  • Visa requirements – unfortunately the School is not able to sponsor visa requests, and you will need to arrange any visas before applying
  • Nurses intending to work in the UK will need to register with the Nursing and Midwifery Council, and health professionals intending to work in the UK will need to register with the Health and Care Professions Council