2–4 years part-time
Academic credits and level
90 credits at level 6
We are not taking new applications for this programme. We are working to validate new programmes to start in September 2022. In the meantime, you can undertake some modules on a stand-alone basis and transfer the credit into a programme later.
All modules are 15 credits unless otherwise stated
This pathway is for health and social care practitioners who hold a relevant professional degree but who are not ready for level 7 study, to obtain a specialist qualification while exploring issues at the forefront of cancer care provision. It will equip students with the knowledge and skills necessary to develop a career in cancer care – the high degree of flexibility allows individuals to create a course of study tailored to their personal career aspirations.
This module is in association with:
The pathway is aimed at health and social care professionals working to further their education and professional development within the speciality of cancer care.
Costs vary depending on the choice of optional modules. Due to the flexibility of the structure, the pathway cannot be purchased as one unit. Please purchase the individual modules that you would like to undertake during an academic year. Module fees may increase in subsequent academic years.
- A relevant healthcare / professional degree
- Normally one year post qualification experience in the acute sector working in an environment caring for cancer patients
- Competency in written and spoken English (IELTS 6.5 or equivalent)
- Foundations in Cancer Practice – (30 credits)
Plus optional modules
- Acute Cancer Practice
- Cancer as a Long-Term Condition
- Clinical Trials in Cancer Practice
- Enhancing Clinical Leadership
- Lymphoedema: Principles and Practice
- Palliative Care and Symptom Management
- Physical Assessment and Clinical Reasoning – (30 credits)
- Principles of Systemic Anticancer Therapy
- Principles of Breast Cancer Care
- Principles of Gynaecological Cancer Care
- Principles of Haemato-Oncology Care
- Principles of Head and Neck Cancer Care
- Principles of Lung Cancer Care
- Principles of Metastatic Breast Cancer Care
- Psycho-Social Impact of Cancer
- Sciences of Cancer Care
- Stem Cell Transplantation
- Work-Based Learning